12.24.2012

Putting the WONDER in WINTER....

Waaaay back in July I started this Sun Valley Holiday project in collaboration with STRUCK design. It was a tricky one...I flew up to Idaho several times ironing out the details, measurements and such. Every item that I used had to be shipped in a 40 foot truck, because there are not many resources in the small town of Ketchum.  I spent 14 days installing 13 windows & was away from my little family for probably too long. But the end result was well worth it...I do believe the wonder will be in winter this year at Sun Valley!
Each visitor gets a passport as they travel from country to country, window to window, learning how each destination says "Happy Holidays" in their own language.    After filling the passports with stamps from each country the visitors get a delicious holiday surprise!    Sleigh rides, snow sculptures and acres full of magical lights also add to the wonder of this entire event!
I am grateful to have a career doing something that I love...something that brings whismy and joy into other peoples lives. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!  Here are some of my favorite install the past few years....  JOU JOU toy store,  La BONNE VIE patisserieGrand America Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment