12.18.2015

GRAND AMERICA HOLIDAY STROLL

The Grand America Holiday Window Stroll is fast becoming one of my favorite art projects of the year!  Even though I have to start getting in the Christmas mood waaaay back in June to get things completed... it is so rewarding to bring the spirit of the holidays to those who visit the stroll. I love watching the families and children explore, and the sense of excitement I see on their faces.  The wonderful thing about the Grand America Window Stroll is that it is FREE, FESTIVE and FUN!  The Grand uses myself and my small team of local artists to hand-make and illustrate the 17 windows, rather than going to a corporate company.  Utah talent is most definitely on show! My team spans from Park City to Hunstville Utah, and is full of some of the most creative people! I can't wait to tell you everyone's specialty.

This years theme is " Sounds of the Season".  Each window represents a Christmas carol, and visitors will pick up a scavenger hunt card and try and guess which carol belongs to each window.  Fun for Everyone!  Plus there is a yummy life sized ginger bread house, baked right by the Chef at the Grand. You can basically follow your nose to find it! 

I'd like to show you a bit of the process and what it takes to get the holiday creativity going.  One of my favorite quotes is " Vision is the art of seeing things invisible". This is exactly what I get to do for my job...  Take a blank space, dream up and idea and watch it become something fresh and alive.  I start old school with a basic pencil drawing, conceptualizing the windows.  I then gather with my crafting team , we divide up and make these simple sketches into something, elaborately detailed, hand painted and hand handsewn.   

If you have not made this a holiday tradition yet, you should start!  The Grand America is lovely to visit and the window stroll makes a wonderful time of year simply magical!  The window stroll is open until NEW YEARS DAY!  Go Enjoy! 

GIVEAWAY: Follow me on instagram @jonniehartmanart Post a pic of your favorite window #jonniehartmanart#grandamerica @jonniehartmanart and be entered to win a handmade surprise!!!






More window details and about the:
JONNIE HARTMAN ART TEAM

coming soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment